September 27, 2014
Stability: - Regular BETA, pretty stable, should work fine in most environments
This is a BETA version. Make a backup first
A new beta version (5.84.0) of AmiBroker has just been released.
(2 324 288 bytes)
(9 729 248 bytes)
If you can not log in into members' area please get your new password by filling the form at: http://www.amibroker.com/login.html
IMPORTANT: Unauthorized copying and/or distribution of materials found on members' only page is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and will result in IMMEDIATE termination of license.
Remember to BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST !
Note that this version can only be installed onto previous full installation of version 5.80 or higher from http://www.amibroker.com/download.html
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.84.0 (as compared to 5.83.0)
- AFL Editor: Idle-time Info tips were positioned incorrectly in 5.83. Fixed.
- AFL Editor: Text of inserted snippet is selected so one can easily see what was inserted and delete it if was a mistake.
- AFL: added Error 57. Invalid quotation mark (when user uses curly quotation marks instead of straight quotation marks " to type a string literal)
- OLE: Document object has new property Interval (integer, read/write) - selected Interval in seconds (tick/range/volume intervals are represented by negative values)
- Report Charts: now it is possible to output HTML instead of graphics in report chart formulas using AFL: EnableTextOutput( 3 ) - HTML output to backtest report
- Report Charts: rewritten 3. Profit Table.afl using HTML embedding features auto-scalable layout (so it enlarges when numbers are bigger), bold summary columns, negative values in red, boundary date changed to last day of year/month
- UI: added Code Snippets window - allows inserting/deleting/saving selected parts of the formula as snippets. Also implemented is convenient drag-drop of snippet to the formula edit window
- UI: Further display improvements of Parameter window for high-DPI displays (ParamList bullet point is bigger and positioned better, Slider is resized when resizing param window, etc, etc)
- UI: On non-standard DPI displays Parameter window could show some visual artifacts when scrolling. Fixed.
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.83.0 (as compared to 5.82.1)
- AFL Editor: Parameter info tip AND auto-complete list can be displayed simultaneously
- AFL Editor: parameter info tip does not disappear on pressing Backspace key anymore.
- AFL Editor: Parameter info updates highlighted parameter when moving cursor inside function's param list
- AFL Editor: Verify formula run on symbol without any quotes could cause access violation. Fixed (proper error message is displayed).
- AFL Editor: when syntax check is performed and errors are detected, the editor is immediately scrolled to first error
- AFL engine: brand new custom micro allocator speeds up AFL execution of complex formulas with nested loops upto 3 times.
// example benchmark showing 3x speedup
x = Close[ 0 ];
for( i = 0; i
- AFL: Since v5.65 RestorePriceArrays() did nothing when there was no preceding SetForeign/TimeFrameSet. Now restores data if user explicitely overwrote OHLC arrays in the code preceding it.
- Analysis: Detailed Log message "Symbol not entered bcause of insufficient funds" improved to display requested position size in units such as shares/% of equity instead of just encoded negative value
- Analysis: Minimum value for "Margin Requirement" is now 1 (1%)
- Analysis: Table header in the HTML report trade list is now right aligned (to match number alignment) (affects newly generated reports only)
- Analysis: fixed HoldMinBars check for scenario 3 with both buy and sell generated on all bars and random scores.
- Code snippets: New line \n was truncated from "data export" snippet. Fixed.
- Commentary: attempt to display commentary on symbol without any quotes could cause access violation. Fixed.
- New Analysis: Less refreshes of Info page provide some extra speed
- New Analysis: Watch list 0 was used automatically (without opening WL selection dialog) when new watch list is created between scan and RMB click->Add results. Fixed.
- Turned on LowFragmentationHeap in number of places
- UI: Parameter window look and feel improved. Item height is increased and slider thumb made wider for easier use on small size/high DPI screens
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.82.1 (as compared to 5.82.0)
- AFL Engine: fixes for stability issues in 5.81.0/5.82.0
- Filter dialog: a matching count wasn't updated on opening the dialog. Fixed.
- Bug report window made a little bigger so at least crash address is seen when someone sends screenshot instead of text
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.82.0 (as compared to 5.81.0)
- UI: Interpretation and Commentary windows now support color text (via EncodeColor), bold and italic styles (tags: for bold, for italic)
- UI: Notepad, Interpretation and Commentary windows use default GUI font instead of hard-coded Tahoma now
- AFL: functionality of PlotGrid() function extended
- UI: Filter dialog now displays number of matching symbols in real-time as selections are made
- AFL Editor: added 4 new snippets under "Function" category
- AFL: In 5.81.0 CategoryGetName returned nothing (void) instead of string type when specified category did not exist. Fixed (empty string is returned now)
- AFL engine: in v5.81 access violation could occur when AFL array size was 0. Fixed.
- New Analysis: portfolio backtest processing was attempted even if there was no symbols that matched "apply to" filter. Fixed (unnecesary processing is skipped now).
- AFL: CCI function speeded up by 50%
- Inserting indicator with Param() calls into chart when currently selected symbol had no quotes caused exception. Fixed.
CHANGES FOR VERSION 5.81.0 (as compared to 5.80.3)
- AFL Engine: custom memory allocator does not use Microsoft runtime lib for reference tracking anymore. Result - complex formulas with lots of loops and OLE (especially low-level custom backtests) run upto 3 times faster in 32 bit and 4 times faster in 64-bit
- AFL Editor: Parameter info tip significantly enhanced - now it re-opens on typing each , (comma) and highlights current parameter to be entered.
- UI: Column setup dialog: added Mark All / Toggle All buttons
- AFL: GetFormulaPath() function added - returns full formula file path
- AFL Editor: Smart reference highlighting implemented (usage: mark a word and all references become highlighted).
- AFL Editor: Find/Replace shows a message box when reached the end of the file and offers restarting from the beginning if new "Wrap around" option is turned on.
- AFL Engine: code refactoring for reduced size and improved speed
- AFL Engine: when value of unsupported type was appended to string a crash could occur. Fixed.
- AFL Engine: when IIf was called the memory upsized from scalar to array could get freed twice (wrong). Fixed
- AFL: MACD() and Signal() functions made faster (approx 1.5-2x times)
- Analysis: Interest is added at the beginning of next bar (instead of end of current bar), to account for overnight rate. This also fixes the problem of ignoring interest in v.> 5.69
- UI: fixed yet another place where entering customization changed working dir
- Code snippets window is only available in separate AFL editor frame.
For more details, instructions and examples how to use new features see the 5.40.0 BETA READ ME