February 27, 2007
A new maintenance update (4.90.4) of AmiBroker official version has just been published.
It is available to everyone in the following locations:
FULL SETUP (the program, plugins, help files and sample database):
(File size: 6,626,832 bytes, 6MB)
UPGRADE SETUP (the program, plugins and help files)
(File size: 5,680,664 bytes, 5MB)
The CHANGE LOG is included in the Release Notes file:
AmiBroker 4.90.4 Release Notes
There are following changes and bug fixes were added as compared with 4.90.3 release:
- PointValue is now automatically set to 1 if FuturesMode is NOT enabled for given backtest (pre-4.90 behaviour)
- Fixed crash @040ecde occuring when user incorrectly specifed NULL as a plot color (FC#: 848)
- Fixed problem with data tips non displaying under some rare circumstances(FC#: 844)
- Fixed problem with loading layout that referenced non-existing symbol
- Max Title len increased to 9K characters (FC#: 534)
- Changes made to color/Thickness/Style of LOCKED studies is saved now even if position did not change (FC#: 846)
- Ticker bar now only needs pressing ESC once to lose focus (FC#: 842)
The INSTRUCTIONS can be found after installation in the User’s Guide (press F1 from AmiBroker). Users of previous versions should read “Information for users of previous versions” section of the User’s Guide.
- If you are using Windows Vista you should run FULL setup, as only full setup registers OLE automation servers on Vista.
- This setup already includes newest AmiQuote 1.94 so there is no need to install it separately.
- If you are using Firewall you may need to check if it did not block Broker.EXE file after upgrade. (It happened to some users that firewall blocked AmiBroker after upgrade and they could not connect to RT data sources)
- For those who don’t read release notes or instructions - you should really read them, but in case you ‘forgot’ here is one important note for you:
Window->New and Window->New Linked menus have been moved to File-> New->Default Chart and File->New->Linked Chart menus.