- object-oriented drawing tools (trend lines, rays, parallel lines,
regression channels, fibonacci retracement, expansion, Fibonacci time
extensions, Fibonacci timezone, arc, gann square, gann
square, cycles, circles, rectangles, text on the chart, and more)
- drag-and-drop indicator creation - allows you to create
complex indicators without writing single line of code
- modern, fully customizable user interface
- instant viewing of intraday/daily/weekly/montly charts in line, bar or candlestick
styles overlaid with configurable moving averages, Bollinger bands, Volume
chart, SAR, etc.
- ability to display most common 1-, 5-, 15-, 60- minute intraday charts as
well as fully customizable N-minute charts (where N is 1..1380 )
- 5-second and 15-second bar charts (RT version)
- tick charts, custom N-tick charts (RT version)
- multiple time frame charts
- on-the-fly time compression - no need to wait when switching between various
- relative performance charts
- tens of most popular indicators built-in including ROC, RSI, MACD, OBV,
CCI, MFI, NVI, Stochastics, Ultimate oscillator, DMI, ADX, Parabolic SAR,
TRIN, Advance/Decline line, Accumulation/Distribution, TRIX, Chaikin oscillator,
unique risk-to-yield map and more
- study drawing tools including trend lines, horizontal/vertical lines, Fibonacci
retracements and timezones, text boxes
- multiple chart panes, windows, different views and time scales are possible
all at the same time
- extermely fast zooming and live scrolling
Multiple data feeds
AmiBroker is capable of handling virtually ANY exchange in the world.
- Real-time streaming quotes via eSignal's TurboFeed featuring access to
all US exchanges and major European exchanges.
- Real-time streaming quotes via myTRACK feed,
IQFeed, QCharts/Quote.com, QuoteTracker, Interactive
Brokers, any DDE-enabled data feed
- Direct feed from Quotes Plus, TC2000, FastTrack and Metastock (including
intraday) databases. Read more...
- User-configurable ASCII import wizard - allows you to read quotes in the
format you can define (including intraday)!
- Built-in Metastock(R) database importer - reads directly all symbols from
your Metastock database (works with both EOD and intraday modes) in a matter
- AmiQuote downloader program provides quick way of obtaining free end-of-day
from major world exchanges (all US markets, LSE, ASX, Paris, Milan, Frankfurt)
- Free FOREX data downloadable via AmiQuote
- Free historical intraday delayed quotes from US exchanges downloadable via
- Script-driven, one-click automatic downloaders available for NYSE, Amex,
Nasdaq, Australian Stock Exchange, Johannesburg Stock Exchange, Warsaw Stock
AmiBroker is successfully used in the following countries: USA, Canada, United
Kingdom, Australia, Germany, Italy, Southern Africa, Poland, Holand, Norway,
For more information on data sources for AmiBroker click
Symbol & quotes database
AmiBroker features advanced database system that offers the following:
- build-up and store historical tick or 5- or 15-second bar data for backtesting
purposes (certain RT data sources only)
- build-up and store intraday minute-bar or end-of-day data for backtesting
- unlimited number of symbols and unlimited number of quotes
- multiple database support
- stores quotes, company information, financial results, categories, industry/sector
- powerful filtering by sector, industry, group and market
- innovative symbol tree browser showing symbols grouped by sectors, industries,
- automatic handling for composities (number and volumes of advancing, declining
and unchanged symbols)
- automation support allowing you to control your database from external programs
written in any language including Java Script, VBScript
AmiBroker Formula Language
The AFL is an advanced formula language that allows you to create your own
indicators, trading systems and commentaries. It is specialy designed for traders
so writing analysis formulas is easier and quicker than in general-purpose languages.
AFL features more than 200 built-in AFL functions to use as a building blocks
for your formulas. AFL includes trigonometric, averaging, statistical, data
manipulation, conditional, pattern-detection and predefined indicator functions.
AFL supports unlimited variables, unlimited parentheses nesting, unlimited
nested function calls and multiple logical operators. Version
4.40 brings completely rewritten engine with native flow-control and looping
while), user-defined functions and procedures with local and global variable
New version 4.50 provides native multiple time-frame support, so you can mix
different bar intervals in single formula.
Formula Editor / Drag-drop charting
Formula Editor allows you to quickly re-create
any indicator/study found in the literature. Drag
and drop charting allows
to create complex overlays, indicators-on-indicators and more. Among other
things it is possible to:
- any number of graphs that can be overlaid in the same chart pane
- modify built-in indicators
- custom or automatic scaling
- flexible grids
- access to composite data (number/volume of advancing, declining, unchanged
Formula - based alerts
- Ability to write complex formula-based alerts that can be displayed on the
screen, sent to you via e-mail, plus play a user-defined WAV file.
- Ability to run external applications via alerts - this allows automated
PORTFOLIO-LEVEL system back-testing, optimization, explorations and screening
Screening: Automatic analysis window enables you to scan your database for
symbols matching your defined buy/sell rules. AmiBroker automaticaly produces
the report telling you if buy/sell signals occurred on given symbol in the specified
period of time.
Exploration: search your database for symbols matching your criteria and create
the report showing the data you want to see: indicator values, past performance,
etc. Then sort the results by any value listed.
Back-testing: AmiBroker can also perform full-featured back-testing of your
trading strategy, giving you an idea about performance of your system.
The back-testing engine highlights:
- PORTFOLIO LEVEL BACKTESTING/OPTIMIZATION
- Three-dimensional (3D), fully animated charts of optimization
- Advanced custom backtester interface
- User-definable backtest metrics
- Different position sizing / money management techniques based on
- Hyper-fast execution - AmiBroker can backtest 10000 symbols (3000 data
bars each) = 30 million data points in FIVE minutes!
- Integrated support for MULTIPLE time-frames in single formula
- NEW Report Explorer provides great way to organize/compare/view all
- Scanning/Exploration/Backtest/Optimization on Real Time data (tick and
up) (RT version only)
- Scanning/Exploration/Backtest/Optimization on intraday data (1-min
bars and up)
- Back testing whole exchange or only limited, user-definable set matching
your market, group, industry, sector selection
- Equity curve plotting, Equity rainbows, composite equities curves
- Test long, short or both long and short trades
- Maximum-loss stop, profit-target stop, trailing-stop, N-bar (time) stop
- Ability to control position size from your formula (Read
- Create your own composites and scan/backtest them
- Detailed reporting giving you imporant statistics of your system.
Optimization: AmiBroker allows you to optimize your trading system with up
to 10 optimization variables on single or MULTIPLE securities at once!
Automatic Chart Commentaries and Interpretation
- Full, textual descriptions of actual situation on the market
- automatic buy-sell arrows visible on the charts
- automatic textual interpretation of indicators and price chart (Window->Interpretation)
- AFL engine allows embedding VBScript/JScript code within AFL formulas providing
- ability to call external COM (ActiveX) objects from the AFL formula
- free SDK (software development kit) for registered users allowing writing
indicator DLLs (plug-ins)
- many already available 3rd party plug-ins
Built-in portfolio manager helps you track your investments. It allows you
to registed buy/sell transactions, calculates brokerage commission, dividend
(with setable dividend tax), cash deposits/withdrawals. You get the instant
calculation of your equity value, percentage and point yield.
AmiBroker features automation interface that exposes objects and methods
that could be accessed from any programming language including scripting dialects
allows you to automate time consuming database management tasks. Using scripting
you will be able to create automatic downloaders, maintenace tools, exporters
customized to your specific needs.
AmiBroker features built-in web browser that allows you to quickly view company
profiles. The profile viewer is completely configurable so you can set it
up for your particular exchange. The settings are market based so you can
access different web sites for each market automatically. No longer will you
be forced to waste your time browsing manually to get the latest news and
symbol related information.
AmiBroker is designed to be configurable and customizable in almost every
area. It is not tied to particular exchange or data provider. Thanks to
import methods and scripting you will be able to adopt it easily to your
favourite market(s). Also technical analysis tools built in into AmiBroker
to change every parameter with easy, and if you want even more, you can create
your own indicators using flexible formula language.