Files and directories used by AmiBroker
AmiBroker main directory - the directory where you installed
AmiBroker. You can find main AmiBroker executable file (BROKER.EXE) there.
- Broker.exe - main application file
- CoolTool.dll, MiscTool.dll, Brokey.dll- additional
application files required by broker.exe
- HTMLView.exe - the report viewer, used to display backtest reports
- emailer.exe, emailerssl.exe - a small add-on command
line utilities that sends user-defined alerts via e-mail
- DBCAPI.DLL - (present only if RT version is installed) - eSignal DBCAPI
- Plugins - the subfolder that contains all plug-in
- unins000.exe and unins000.dat - uninstaller program.
- Broker.chm - compiled HELP file
- Data - default database folder, contains broker.master, broker.workspace,
0-9, A-Z, '_' symbol data subfolders and Layouts subfolder.
Read this to learn more about AmiBroker database concepts.
- broker.master - binary data file containing the table
of all symbols available in the database. Used for quick loading of symbols.
The table of symbols includes information about assignments of symbols to
categories (markets, groups, sectors, industries, watch lists, indices and
favorites). If you delete this file AmiBroker will re-create it because
this information is available also in the individual symbol data files.
- broker.workspace - binary data file containing the information
about the database settings (interval, data source used, etc), category names,
global advance/decline data, etc. If you delete this file you will lost database
settings and category names will be reset to defaults.
- default.awl, *.awl - Amibroker Workspace layout files.
Text files that contain the information about the layouts
and chart sheets. The default.awl file stored in "Layouts" subfolder
inside database folder contains default LOCAL layout for this database. The
default.awl file stored in "Layouts" subfolder of AmiBroker main directory
contains default GLOBAL layout (used when there is no local layout present).
If you delete this file then default layout will be generated based on default.layout
file that is supplied with AmiBroker.
- broker.newcharts - binary file containing references between
chart layouts and formula files used. If you delete it you will see "formula
file empty or can not be found" in your charts because reference between
chart ID and formula is lost. You will NOT however lose your formulas because
formulas are separate. You will be able to reinsert them into your charts.
- broker.layers - text file that contains information about
chart layers. If you delete this file layers will be reset to factory defaults.
- broker.groups, broker.markets, broker.sectors, broker.industries -
text files that contain default names for groups, markets, sectors and industries.
Used only at the database creation time. Later this information is stored
per-database in broker.workspace file. If you delete them,
AmiBroker will default to group n, market n, sector n, industry n names,
where n is 1...256
- broker.prefs - binary file that contains user preference
settings (available from Tools->Preferences).
If you delete this file AmiBroker will reset to factory default settings
- broker.params - text file that contains persistent information
about user-defined indicator parameters.